Thursday, April 4, 2013

Who Do You Love?



At tonight's bike/run session, Coach mentioned his Aussie friend who had managed to mount his expensive bike above the headboard in the bedroom.  The visual made me laugh, and also reminded me of this great quiz written by Joe Kita that I had read in Bicycling magazine a few years back.  It was so perfect for me during that time in my life that I had actually torn it out and saved it.  I tried searching for the actual quiz online but couldn't locate it.

Fortunately, I had filed away the hard copy of the quiz, and it luckily survived various moves and relationships in between... 

For those of you in relationships, these are the hard questions to ask yourself... For each question, answer "bike" or "spouse."  If both apply, mark both.  If neither applies, move on to the next question.  If you're not married, substitute "girlfriend" or "boyfriend" for spouse.  At the end, calculate which entity receives more of your affection.  And I suppose if they both tie,  you can mount your bike above the headboard....

  1. I'll never forget the first time I saw you.
  2. I wanted you instantly.
  3. I often find myself daydreaming about you.
  4. There's more than one photo of us together on my desk.
  5. I love showing you off to my friends.
  6. My friends often remark how attractive you are.
  7. In a typical week, we spend five or more hours of quality time together.
  8. When you're around, I often look at you with admiration and longing.
  9. In the last 3 months, I've spent more than $250 on you.
  10. I desperately want to take you to Italy.
  11. Our last ride lasted more than an hour.
  12. It's thrilling how you respond beneath me.
  13. I would never let anyone else ride you.
  14. You make my heart beat faster.
  15. You make me feel young.
  16. You have taken me places and shown me things I never thought I would see.
  17. When I'm alone with you, I'm at peace with the world.
  18. You were made for me.
  19. I can't live without you.
  20. I will never upgrade to a newer model.


Pencils down.  Now break up or ride your bike accordingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment