Saturday, May 4, 2013

Recovery Weeeee!k

For a gal who thrives on structure, this 'unstructured' recovery week was still filled with happy "Weeee!" moments on the road, track, and pool.  I was able to ride new routes with old friends, float as fast as I could next to Coach in the pool, and dust off the TT bike and revisit old routes with new training ohana.  Life is definitely good.


I couldn't have said it better myself, Tony!
Putting in the South Bay miles with Franz
Tail wind.  Tail shot.
Mid-week spin sesh with Stinger.
Does it bother anyone else that this sign wasn't spellchecked?
Or am I that OCD?
Finally some hurdles I'm not afraid of!
What happens at track, stays at track.
Kinda like Vegas.
Superstar couple Wolfie and Hulk TT'in it up
Recovery periods are essential for the body and soul.  And it's funny how in life, the same notion applies. Sometimes you need those mending times to explore freely, without expectations, and allow the healing process to naturally occur.  Because in the end, you will come back stronger, with renewed motivation, and make a few awesome friends along the way.

Tomorrow I'm tackling the Grizzy Peak Century for the 2nd time.  It amazes me how different things are in my life than they were in 2009 when I first attempted it.  Cheers to being able to witness a full recovery in life, love, and sport...


No comments:

Post a Comment