Saturday, February 22, 2014

Never Gets Old...

Even with the new things going on in my life, there are things that always make me happy that never get old...

...like finish lines.
I love finish lines, and crossing them while holding hands with someone is even more awesome.

Unlike my last holding-hands-across-the-finish-line adventure, Ellen made it clear to me that she was married.
I am so proud of Ellen- not only for the amount of weight she has lost, but for how much of her confidence she has gained.  I had the privilege of pacing a confident, fearless woman who was not afraid to go after her first 10K finish, only one month after finishing her first 5K.  I high-fived her at each mile marker.  It was a reminder to celebrate every milestone that makes up your journey.  I couldn't even imagine running a mile pain-free back in August when I was hobbling around in my cam-walker boot.  So for both of us, it was an accomplishment and celebration.

Muddy miles. #moreHokalove
I feel like I'm making up for the 3 months of running I missed out on during the summer and cashing them in now.  I'm loving the trails now more than ever-  the awesome weather we've been having lately, combined with the hokas- always makes for an incredible run.  The trail time also allows me to catch up on my podcasts- because we all know that learning new things (metabolic efficiency, engineering resilience, biohacking your pH) never gets old either.

9 around the lake. 
And on my plate, here is a meal that I haven't been afraid to repeat multiple times during the week.  It's filling, balanced, delicious, and Whole30.  Boom.

Omelet with spinach, sweet potato hash and avo. #itstartswithfood

You know what else never gets old? Snail mail and phone calls.  In this day and age, it's easier to text.  But perhaps I'm old-fashioned, in that sense- I love going to my mailbox and receiving a handwritten letter, or hearing an excited voice on the other end of the phone.  I was lucky enough to receive both this week... 


No comments:

Post a Comment