Monday, January 28, 2013

P.O.O. Cake

First of all, I was featured by GrowSoulBeautiful for the Day 23: Revolved Head-to-Knee pose!  I was excited because that happened to be my dad's birthday, and he was such a good sport, standing in the middle of the street to capture the perfect angle of me on the bench.  Thanks, Dad, for supporting my little adventures!  We're famous now!

My newest creation is quick and easy and perfect for those nights when you want something freshly baked and sweet, without derailing your healthy diet.  It's a single-serving dessert, made in a mug, and microwaved for goodness' sake, so you know it's quick and simple.  It's also delicious, so I am naming it the Party Of One cake.  Anyone who knows me well knows that I love acronyms.  Praveena's infamous date desserts were renamed B.L.I.N.D. date balls because those sounded more awesome. (Blended Lime juice In Nutty Deliciousness).  So keeping with tradition, this is the P.O.O. cake. 

Wow.  This post is going downhill fast.

This variation is the Pumpkin P.O.O. cake.  Seriously, it's the fastest dessert for one!

Here's the recipe:  (The Party Of One cake serves one, hence the smaller measurements)
-1 egg white
-1.5 Tb. coconut flour
-1 Tb. almond or oat flour
-1 Tb. vanilla whey protein powder
-1/2 tsp. baking powder
-2.5 Tbs. almond milk
Mix all of these together and put in a mug and microwave for 1-1.5 minutes.  

For the topping, I just mixed together 3 Tbs. pumpkin puree with 2 Tbs. almond milk, a splash of pumpkin pie spice, and some sprinkles of shredded coconut.  I drizzled the finished product with pure maple syrup.  You can choose your own sweetener of choice.

There you have it folks, the fastest and most delicious and protein-filled dessert.  You can even add cocoa powder into the base cake mix and change up the toppings so it really looks like a P.O.O. cake.

Switching gears, today is Day 28, or Revolving Side Angle pose.  I've always ridden past this cool metal structure while I was on my bike rides, so today I drove to that structure and made it my yoga mat...

Off the mat. On the metal. Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment