Friday, June 15, 2012

Delicious Ambiguity.

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.  Delicious ambiguity."  -Gilda Radner


I'm back in the saddle.  And it feels oh so good. 


Returned from SB with the fixed-up bike, a new Giro Aeon helmet and TYR Cat 3 Hurricane wetsuit.
And I thought Costco and Target were moneyholes!


After a quick swim sesh with Dana, we both met up with her teammate Kim for an easy, no-hammering 50 miles.  The good thing about riding with others is that they call stuff out on the road- glass, potholes, wood pieces, dead squirrels, $20 bills (I don't call those out, I just reach down and grab 'em).  Some roads that you ride are pretty clean, others you feel like you're riding the Tour de Bris.  I'm now hypersensitive to everything in my path; I'm sure eventually I'll calm down and be able to eat, apply make-up, and talk on the phone all at the same time like before.

Today I was driving and I spotted some glass.  Immediately, I could hear a girl's voice scream, "GLASS!!!!!!" in my head.  And I started to think, "What if life was like riding in a pack of cyclists, where someone would always scream out warnings- LOSER BOYFRIEND!!  SALMONELLA SUSHI!!  DEAD-END JOB!!  CRAZY AND DANGEROUS RESCUE DOG!!" In a way it perhaps would be helpful, but I think it would take the adventure and excitement out of life.  There's something thrilling about discovering what's beyond the next corner, without someone ruining the surprise for you.  Delicious ambiguity.


Who would have thought this amazing woman would finish her life at 105 years, leaving a legacy for future generations and taking a ton of secrets to the grave?


Celebrating her last 105th year on this earth.


Who would have thought that our new rescue dog would maul this innocent girl and also attack my dad after 2 weeks of being calm inside of the house?


Yes. I made her read my autobiography. In my bed.


It has been quite a week.  But I have found that it is more fulfilling to take risks- to ride a bike, to adopt a rescue animal, to open yourself up to love another human being...because without risking and taking a chance, life is empty.


This Monday starting at 12pm, I'm going to take a risk and see if I can be one of the lucky ones to be registered for this inaugural event... 


Ironman Lake Tahoe- Sept 22, 2013


Will I get in? Will I be on the waiting list? Delicious ambiguity.

No comments:

Post a Comment