Saturday, October 5, 2013

Letting Go.

Now that it's officially triathlon "off-season," I have more time and flexibility with my schedule.   There is still a lot of fun riding which has been going on...

Shorter days mean faster rides.  Sunset spins on Palomares Road...
And art...
Lake Merritt sunset with a lil' Warrior I action going on...
All of this free time not consumed by swimbikerun means more time for yoga, which I've grown to love even more.  I saw this the other day and thought it was very true...



#2 really struck a chord with me.  "Let go of things that no longer serve you."  It seems selfish when you say it at first, but the more I let it marinade in my mind, the more it made sense.  I have a history of being the peace-keeper, being nice and accommodating to the expense of myself, and in the end, everyone involved.  I'm so used to muddling around in the gray area to keep everyone happy, but my very good black-and-white friends helped nudge me out of that gray zone quickly.  I'm learning now that it's just better for all parties involved to let it go if it doesn't serve you.  Close that door.  Move on.  Don't look back.

It's been an interesting lesson to take off the yoga mat and into the real world, to say the least...but worth it for long-term emotional and physical health.

What things no longer serve you in your life?  What things do you need to let go of?








No comments:

Post a Comment