Friday, November 23, 2012

Refuge.

Refuge: 1) Protection or shelter, as from danger or hardship.  2) A place providing protection or shelter.  3) A source of help, relief, or comfort in times of trouble.

Refuge for this run = my car. The dark shape in above middle picture is the mountain lion.
Yesterday's run-in with the mountain lion at Coyote Hills made me thankful for those 'safe havens' that we have in life- whether they are places or people.  I am grateful for those people in my life who I find refuge in- you know who you are.  With life and all that it throws at you, it is important to have a support team that you can feel safe being your raw, transparent self with.  

I also treasure those places that give me peace and reinvigorate me, all at the same time.  It used to be in the water, but lately I've found those places to be deep in the trails with a canopy of Redwood trees and the sound of the wind whispering in my ears.

Skipped Happy Hour for happy trail time.
Change is beautiful, especially on the trails.
Banana slugs after the rain also found solace in the Redwoods.
I'm looking forward to these next few days and the opportunity I will have to unplug, meditate, re-center and re-focus.  And to enjoy the refuge that the mountains and Redwood trees will provide me with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment