Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ghetto No Mo'

Last November, I moved out of the ghetto and into a safer neighborhood.  I can actually run outside without constantly looking over my shoulder worrying that I'm going to get mugged.  There are people on the streets and the trails actually exercising, not doing drug deals.  


Recently, I started hating my fuel belt and wanted to run with as little "bulk" as possible.  
I was even getting annoyed with my ipod armband, so I began ditching the entire velcro armband (which helps eliminate one more weird tan line on my body) and just started stuffing the entire ipod into my sports bra.  And the gels that used to be in that fuelbelt during my long runs?  Yes, they went in there too.  So ghetto.  I'm sure fellow runners wanted to adopt me in my compression sleeves and give me a complete running fashion makeover.


Ghetto girl- yes, I am aware that they make armbands to hold nanos.




Turns out Lululemon had the same idea, except in a much more fashionably appropriate way.


Lululemon's Stuff Your Bra Tank (yes, that's the actual name of the sports bra)


But sometimes, even ghetto girls need upgrades.  So that's exactly what I did, and am much happier with the ipod shuffle setup.  


New-and-improved and much less ghetto setup


Now about those compression sleeves...

No comments:

Post a Comment