Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Happy RD Day!

So today is officially "National Registered Dietitian Day." I'm always curious who comes up with these days. It's like "National Siblings Day" or "National Cat Day" where I learn about it only when I see everyone's FB feed or Instagram hashtags. Regardless, it's nice to have a day acknowledging the work that we do, so I'll take it.



So in honor of this special day, I pre-ordered a copy of "The Plantpower Way" by Rich Roll and Julie Piatt. Everyone who knows me is well-aware that I'm one of their biggest fans. I've read Finding Ultra, use their JaiRelease meditation program and am the first to download their newest podcasts. I'm the first to admit that when things get super stressful at work, I put in my earbuds and calm down using her humming meditation. It works every time. It's because of Rich Roll that I purchased my Vitamix, started a regular meditation practice, began using maca powder and hemp seeds, and read The Power of Now and Autobiography of a Yogi. He's helped me raise the bar on my own life, and has inspired me to shift towards a more plant-based diet.





"Transformation begins and ends with what we put in our mouths." Julie Piatt couldn't have said it any better. As a registered dietitian, it's my goal to teach people about the correct ways to fuel their bodies so they can reach their ultimate potential. It starts with food, and I fully support the plantpower revolution that Rich Roll and Julie Piatt are leading. Pre-order your copy today, and we can share meals together that fuel, nourish, and transform us with every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment