Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Picking Up the Pen Again.

Morning: crisp and cool
Mood: über-productive
Music: Regina Spektor


"You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better." 
-Anne Lamott 

Today started out as usual, with my beloved morning pages (The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron).  It's funny, some days those three pages are so difficult, so hard to get that pen across the page.  But today my hand felt like it was on fire, moving with such deliberation and freedom, and emotions and stories just continued to emerge from me.  Deep stuff, things I had no idea were buried so far beneath the rubble.  Funny how it's so much more profound when it's coming from your own soul, such delightful rawness and richness scribbled across the page.  This creative purging process is so precious and personal.  I love it.

A girl can never have too many trucker hats. Had to break in the new bday present! #Caliwinters

At noon, I hit the trails again and headed up a different path.  So.much.upness.  But it's good, so good for me to get back into the swing of things.  There's a race on the calendar now, which is definitely good motivation.  Just like writing, somedays it's easier than others.  Running is easier than it was last year when I couldn't run a mile without pain, but I'm definitely far from where I once was.  The most important thing is to keep putting one foot in front of the other, just like moving your hand across the page, line by line.

2 hours to make, 2 minutes to eat. So delicious...

Since the sunny weather felt like it was betraying winter, today I indulged myself in buying another pair of boots and made dried persimmons.  Just to remind me again that it's winter.  I'm looking forward to the rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment