Tuesday, October 30, 2012

33 Before 33

I'm borrowing this idea from Sonja Wieck who always posts a list of things she wants to accomplish before her next birthday.  One item for each year of life.  It's like a bucket list for your life, but on a much smaller scale and in a much tighter time frame.  Last year on my birthday, I was on a Florida-bound plane, destined to complete my first full Ironman distance triathlon.  It's amazing how much (or how little) can be accomplished in a year.  I'm hoping this list will give me some structure and that I'll have tons of fun checking things off my list!


 This Friday I turn 32.  So with no further adieu, here it is... 

33 Things to Do Before 33 (in no particular order) 
  1. Grow some sprouts.
  2. Go flyfishing with my dad.
  3. Paint some pottery.
  4. Launch Fusion Nutrition's website.
  5. Attend a yoga retreat.
  6. Compose a song on my keyboard.
  7. Run an ultra 50K.
  8. Figure out my strengths using Strengths Finder 2.0.
  9. Write a note to an old teacher/mentor and thank them for positively influencing my life.
  10. Hire an Ironman coach.
  11. Change a flat tire in under 8 minutes.
  12. Do something completely outside of my comfort zone.
  13. Be a volunteer for once at a running/tri event. Pass out water cups. Cheer loudly. 
  14. Meditate consistently for one week.
  15. Discover a beer that I actually like.
  16. Read 3 books.
  17. Run a race with my mom.
  18. Go on a mini weekend getaway and stay at a B&B.
  19. Go vegan for a week.
  20. Learn about massage pressure points.
  21. Back up all the stuff on my computer.
  22. Make a vision board.
  23. Make a handmade card for someone who could use some encouragement.
  24. Volunteer.  Somewhere meaningful.
  25. Write 5 nutrition-related articles.
  26. Rock Ironman Lake Tahoe and give 110% of myself in the best possible way.
  27. Bake something from scratch.
  28. Present a sports nutrition lecture to a team or a group of athletes.
  29. Watercolor.  Remember the joy in adding more water to 'fix' a mistake.  Blend, blend, blend!
  30. Try maca powder.
  31. Creatively organize my race bibs/medals instead of throwing them into a drawer.
  32. Support a child in some way.  Even if it's just buying some lemonade for 10 cents.
  33. Make a 34 Before 34 list before 11/2/13.
 Just looking at this list makes me excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment